The Importance Of Blogging Yourself
As Web Marketing consultants we are heavily into blogging for our clients and actively encourage each of them to blog for themselves. When we make this suggestion it is usually greeted with a few different replies:
- OK but how and what do you need?
- Why should I, because that is what I am paying you for
- I haven’t got time
The above three are by far the most popular replies we get. I sure you have noticed that two of the three are negative responses. The reason for this is because people still do not understand that competing in the internet arena is becoming more and more difficult with every day that passes. To succeed today you need to throw everything you have got at it to stand any chance of winning. Remember, if you’re not blogging your competitor probably is.
What we want to hear from our clients is “yes we will blog but can you give us some guidance?” The response we give also answers the other two negative replies above and hopefully will convince them that they should be blogging in addition to us.
Why Should I Blog?
- More in-depth knowledge of the industry – We will never know the industry as well as the client so any blog produced by them will be much more relevant and industry specific
- More long tail traffic – Relevant keywords and search phrases will be included within the copy of the blogs naturally, thus bringing in more long tail traffic to the website.
- Industry Authority – Blogging regularly will keep the client in front of the competition and overtime may become the first port of call for people looking into that particular industry.
- Increased frequency – A lot of work from an agency will be based around external sources so by the client blogging themselves they will be helping to keep the content on their website fresh, and Google likes nothing more than fresh content.
How Do I blog And I Haven’t Got Time?
There are no hard and fast rules to blogging, just keep it simple and follow the below rules:
- Blog as often or as little as possible
- Blogs can be as long or as short as you like
- Keep them related to your industry and anything goes
- Recruit as many people as you can from the company to blog as all blogs can be approved before making them live
- Keep it original (no copying)
That’s really it. There is no secret sauce when it comes to blogging. The only stipulation is, make it as awesome as possible. It’s important that our clients understand that we are not asking them to do our job for us and get through X number of blog posts per month. All we need is for them to realise that by blogging themselves they will be speeding up the process of becoming an internet sensation.
If you would like to know more about how Web Vitality could help your website then why not give us a call on 0161 660 0423 or get in touch via email.